Here are a few quick things I'm excited about.
Yesterday, amidst all that I had to do, my boss Clint forced me out of the office to go get my drivers license! I thought the DMV was a nightmare until this place. Long story short, the difference is that they charge you what they feel like, require that everything be written in arabic, require several pictures just to advance to the next stage, and when there's a call to prayer, you better believe they won't think twice about leaving their posts. And all this while barely understanding the thick accents. So now I have a license (with my last name spelled wrong)! The company is letting me use a car temporarily, so that boosted my morale a ton.
On the same note, I can confirm today that gas is under two dollars. You pull up to the pump, you sit in your car and tell the guy "special, full". And they fill up your tank, swipe your card, and send you on. Apparently there is still a place in the world that resists the "self-serve" movement.
Driver's intuition doesn't help a bit here; when I was trying to drive to the grocery store tonight, it was all I could do to stay within site of my apartment tower... and somehow I ended up trapped on the Palm Jumeirah. They changed a lot of the roads since I was here last, much more overpasses. The road system is extremely unforgiving.
My shipment is supposed to come in this weekend! I am thrilled. My company was also able to get some of my theology books in via fedex, so that is also an answered prayer.
VH1 posts full online episodes of Best Week Ever! And I've been able to download Flavor of Love Girls Charm School episodes through torrents. And I was able to download the LOST finale. Over here, season 3 is just starting up.
Finally, it's the weekend! I will have put in about 65 hours this week. Aerosmith is here tonight, but I couldn't make it because of our meeting schedules today. But I am a scrooge and was just glad I didn't have to spend the money on the ticket.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
don't you make like a million an hour there?!
Post a Comment